Adopting green friendly technologies for cloud hosting in India
Green Computing adoption and incorporating appropriate technology in our infrastructure not only helps us reduce operational expenses such as power consumption and heat generation, but is also in line with our corporate responsibility of reducing carbon footprint.
We are adopting “green” friendly technologies at various aspects of the data centre such as:
- Exploring utilization of renewable energy sources to power certain functional areas of the data centre,
- Deploy energy efficient servers and storage
- Virtualization to drive up efficiency
- Employing power saver features into the critical equipments, for example servers go into sleep mode when there is no load
- Automate the entire IT infrastructure which drives active and online consolidation of resources
- Driving up efficiency at every component of the power chain such as transformers, UPS and chillers
- Reduce unnecessary operational overheads and travel by centralizing all the operations through our command centre. We are striving to run these data centres at a PUE of 1.7 – an industry benchmark unheard of for data centres in India.
We will continuously innovate and adopt more green technologies and concepts that will make our data centres more IT economical and greener.